- Public Works
Welcome to the City of Taylor Public Works homepage. On our page, you can get updates on current road projects, gather information on rubbish and recycling, and the Wayne County Compass system allows you to view county road closures and construction projects. If you have questions or would like additional information, please contact us at (734) 287-6550.
The Department of Public Works (DPW) footprint totals the City’s approximate 25 square miles and consists of 35 miles of major and 156 miles of local road maintenance. The responsibility of that roadway maintenance usually falls with the road right of way. The right of way extends from the edge of the sidewalk closest to the roadway, through the street to the edge of the sidewalk at the opposite side.
Services provided by this department include:
- Road patching and repair
- Snowplowing and salting
- Storm drain maintenance
- Street sweeping
- Tree trimming and removal
All DPW and Water services are facilitated through the Customer Assistance Center located on the first floor at City Hall, 23555 Goddard Road. Rat Poison can be picked up at the Animal Shelter, 25555 Northline Road, Taylor, MI.
IF YOU HAVE A WATER-RELATED EMERGENCY, call (734) 287-6550 during regular business hours. If it is after 5 p.m. or on the weekend, call (734) 287-6611.
- Storm water management plan
- Report a Wayne County Road Hazard
- Common Questions, Phone Numbers, and Roads (PDF)
- DTE Street Light Outage
- Alliance of Downriver Watersheds
- Southeast Michigan Council of Governments (SEMCOG)
- Rules of the Road During Power Outages (PDF)
- Riverview Computer Collection Center (PDF)
- Taylor Truck Routes (PDF)
- Incident Report (PDF)
- DTE Gas Renewal Program 2018-19 Part 1 (PDF)
- DTE Gas Renewal Program 2018-19 Part 2 (PDF)
- City of Taylor Engineering Standards (as of November 2019) (PDF)