Citywide Rummage Sale
Next sale date
The 2020 Citywide Rummage Sale has been tentatively rescheduled for Thursday, June 18, through Sunday, June 28. This will enable participants to have two full weekends of garage sales, should weather be a problem during one of the weekends.
No permit is required to hold your garage sale during this time only.
Because of the current state of emergency due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this year’s citywide sale is heavily dependent on social distancing and thorough sanitary guidelines. The City of Taylor emphasizes that all COVID-19-related restrictions will be strictly enforced -- social distancing, face masks, sanitation, etc. during this period.
Also take note of the following:
- If you are in an at-risk health situation, you may want to avoid this year’s citywide sales
- Residents hosting sales should hold them in open areas, preferably outside, and gatherings of customers should be kept to a minimum
- Common spots, like display tables, should be constantly cleaned with alcohol- or bleach-based cleaners
- Remember that items at garage sales are not cleaned in the same professional fashion as customers would expect at retail stores, so anyone participating in this year’s garage sales must take extra precautions, like wearing disposable rubber gloves, carrying alcohol-based sanitizer, etc.
- Rubber gloves should also be disposed of properly in trash containers
- Residents hosting sales on their property should provide disposal containers, lined in plastic bags, that can be easily sealed and disposed of, during their events
- Keep any advertising signage for your sale out of public right-of-ways, or easements.
After the sales
When the citywide rummage sale ends on June 28, any unwanted items can be disposed of at the Taylor Hills Transfer Station and Compost Site at 16300 Racho Road Mondays through Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 2:45 p.m.
Residents will be required to use any available free dump privileges or pay the cost to dispose of any unwanted items. No commercial dumping is permitted. No explosives, autos and auto parts, boats, concrete, hazardous waste, compost materials, tree branches, or tires will be accepted.