Projects That Require A Permit
It is strongly recommended that you contact the City of Taylor Building Department prior to starting any work to verify if a permit is required. For a permit application please click on the City Forms icon on the left toolbar.
Garage Sale and Special Event Permit Information
Garage Sale and Special Event Permits are permitted twice annually by a single business or property.
The City Wide Rummage Sale is May 17-26, 2018. No permit is required to hold your sale on this week only.
Any unwanted items after the rummage sale can be disposed of at the Taylor Hills Transfer Station and Compost Site at 16300 Racho Road from 8 a.m. to 2:45 p.m. Residents will be required to use any available free dump privileges or pay the cost to dispose of any unwanted items. No commercial dumping is permitted. No explosives, autos and auto parts, boats, concrete, hazardous waste, compost materials, tree branches, or tires will be accepted.
- Garage sale permits - $10, for five consecutive days (rain or shine), non refundable
- Special event permits - $500, for seven consecutive days (rain or shine), includes a $100 refundable bond after event has a final site clean-up inspection. Special Event applications are received through the Planning Department for approval of the event. After approval the permit is issued through the Building Department.
Types of work being performed that require a building/zoning permit
- Construction, Repair, Replace, Add to, or Alter any of the following:
- 2nd Story/Dormer
- Communication Tower
- Concrete or Asphalt Work
- Fire Repair
- New Building
- New House
- Public Sidewalk and/or Servicewalk
- Swimming Pool
- Other types of work that may require a permit
Zoning Review Fees
All building/zoning permit applications received through the Building Department are subject to a Zoning Review Fee (ZRF). (eff. 7-12-10)
A zoning review is performed to determine if the project you are proposing meets the requirements of the City of Taylor Zoning Ordinance. The fee is collected at the time the permit is dropped off at the Building Department. Zoning review fees are non-refundable.
The ZRF does not include plan review fees and/or permit fees. Applications submitted to the Building Department that are subject to a zoning review will not be reviewed until the ZRF has been paid.
Permits exempt from a Zoning Review: removal and replacement of existing roofing, siding, windows or concrete.
Residential Fee Amounts
Residential - $25
Commercial Fee Amounts
Based on project under 1/2 acre - $25
Based on project 1/2 to 1 acre - $50
Based on project 1 acre to 5 acres - $100
Based on project over 5 acres - $175