The Taylor Recreation Center (22805 Goddard), which has been closed to the public since the COVID-19 pandemic started, will reopen at 7 a.m. Friday, September 11, with restrictions.
To allow proper time to sanitize the facility the new hours are:
- Mondays-Fridays 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Saturdays 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Sunday noon to 5.
In addition, reservations are required. We can safely accommodate the following:
- Cardio Room - 6 patrons
- Weight Room -10 patrons
- Spin Studio - 13 patrons
- Walking Track - 8 patrons
With these numbers in mind it is imperative that members call to book their time in advance. We will be booking times on the hour. The Recreation Center phone number is (734) 374-8900 Option 2. Walk-ins may be permitted if a time slot is available.
If you or any member of your party are ill, or have any symptoms related to the COVID-19 virus, do not come to the recreation center. All persons entering our facility should perform a self-health assessment before entering. If you have a fever, cough or shortness of breath we ask that you do not enter.
Please take note of the following key changes, all of which have been put in place for the protection of customers and staff at the facility:
- Face masks are REQUIRED to enter our facility and MUST be worn at all times
- Social distancing guidelines will limit the number of people entering the facility at one time, so call and reserve your time slot
- All members who have monthly or yearly membership will be issued a membership card. With this card you will need to scan in and out of the facility
- For patrons who utilize day passes or classes you must have an account in our system and will be checked in by our front desk staff
- Karate, Tiny Tumblers, Zumba and Spin classes will be available. Class-specific information will be posted in the facility
- The locker rooms will be open, with modifications
- Showers may be used as long as proper distancing can be maintained
- Saunas are closed
- All restrooms will be sanitized every two hours and hand soap will be fully stocked
- All members will have access to disinfectant and towels and MUST wipe down equipment before and after use
- Teams will be able to utilize the batting cages, but parents should remain in their cars. Private lessons can also be booked.
These changes are being implemented to comply with CDC Contact Tracing measures. If you have specific questions or concerns, please speak to the supervisor on duty or email our Parks and Recreation Manager Crystal Kermans-Ditzhazy at email@example.com.