Walmart will continue its commitment to providing testing to Wayne County with two new COVID-19 testing locations, including one in Taylor.
On Friday, May 15, a testing site will open at the Taylor Walmart location at 7555 Telegraph Road. See detailed information here
The sites are supported by Walmart, Quest Diagnostics and local authorities, and testing will be offered from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m., 3 days a week (Monday, Wednesday and Friday) to any adult (18 years and older) who meets CDC and state and local guidelines on who should be tested, including first responders, health care providers and others with symptoms of COVID-19 and those in high risk groups without symptoms. Individual test results are expected within an average of two days.
A second site, at the Canton Walmart located at 45555 Michigan Avenue, will open on Friday, May 7. On May 7 only, the Canton location will open at 10 a.m. before returning to the regular schedule.
"Continuing to provide testing opportunities for all in Wayne County is a top priority” said Wayne County Executive Warren Evans. “I am thankful for the partnership with Walmart and their commitment in continuing our efforts to combat this virus and help in saving lives.”
Testing will require an appointment through Quest’s MyQuest online portal and app, www.MyQuestCOVIDTest.com, which will screen and schedule appointments for those individuals that meet CDC eligibility for the testing sites. Once on site, those being tested will need to wear a mask, stay in their cars for verification of eligibility criteria, ID check and a self-administered test. The site will be staffed by Walmart trained pharmacists and associates. For the safety of all those on-site, the test site is not available to those who walk up.
“These newest locations are similar to the current large testing site Downriver at Sam’s Club in Southgate,” Mayor Rick Sollars said. “It is great to have partners like Walmart and Quest Diagnostics stepping to the forefront during America’s time of need. More testing is of the utmost importance during this COVID-19 pandemic.”
Details regarding the testing sites:
- The site will use a self-administered nasal swab test that will allow those being tested to swab their own nose onsite while in their vehicles, observed by a trained medical volunteer to ensure the sample is taken correctly, and drop the sealed sample into a container on their way out of the drive-thru site.
- Quest Diagnostics will handle processing test samples and communicating results to those tested and applicable departments of health.
- Testing is not available inside Walmart stores.
- Any questions regarding testing and appointments, please call Quest’s dedicated COVID-19 line at 866-448-7719, Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- While individuals who are tested are awaiting results, please follow CDC guidelines and take steps to help prevent the virus from spreading to people in your home and community.
“Walmart is part of the community, and we are proud to help support the expansion of COVID-19 testing in Wayne County during this unprecedented time,” said Erik Hingst, Walmart Public Affairs Director for Michigan. “We are grateful to our pharmacists and associates who are supporting these testing sites, and to Quest and local officials as we work together to help our community.”